If you’re a cyclist, you’re surely getting a lot of health benefits from this great outdoor activity. But are you tracking your fitness while you’re on the go? If not, now is the time to get a hold of the best fitness tracker for cycling to make the most of your workout. Luckily, there are now trackers made especially for cycling, with results specifically geared toward enhancing your skills.
Many people have tried out fitness trackers that measure steps, calories, heart rates, etc. However, there are now special trackers available which can give cyclists many relevant features. These include tracking workouts, distance traveled, and even GPS monitoring -- plus route mapping in the more high-end models.
The best fitness tracker for cycling will depend on your own needs as a cyclist. For instance, if you’re cycling because you want to lose weight, you’ll need a fitness tracker to count the number of calories burnt through cycling.
There are different features to consider before choosing the best fitness tracker for cycling. Here's how to decide which one fits your needs. You’ll also find out which brands are the best ones available right now.
How We Reviewed
The pricing for the best cycling fitness trackers can vary greatly. These prices are greatly affected by several factors. The more features a tracker offers the higher its price.
We’ve selected the following fitness trackers according to their high Amazon ratings, positive feedback, and price ranges. That way, you’ll hopefully be able to choose the best fitness tracker for cycling.
Top 5 Fitness Trackers for Cycling in 2019
This list will help you catch up on the best fitness trackers for cyclists. Let’s explore each brand in detail.
4.0 out of 5 stars
- GPS SPORT WATCH: Advanced multisport GPS Watch for serious sports enthusiasts and professional athletes who want to reach peak performance, the built-in GPS keeps track of your ride, run or hike measuring your speed, distance and route
- ADVANCED TRAINING WATCH: Create and customize profiles for different sports and get exactly the data and guidance you need for each activity
- FITNESS TRACKER: Combines training load with 24/7 activity data for true recovery status. Polar Flow web service compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8, or later, and PC Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, or later
- HEART RATE MONITOR INCLUDED: Use the Polar H7 heart rate sensor while training and even while swimming
- TRIATHLON WATCH: Compatibility with Bluetooth Smart running and cycling sensors provide even more details about your training. Compatible third-party power meters
The Polar V800 GPS Sports Watch comes in black, blue, and red color options. It’s an advanced GPS watch for any serious sporting enthusiasts. The GPS will track your speed, route, and distance while you’re cycling. Bluetooth and the cycling sensors give you more details, while the heart monitor makes sure your training is safe.
While customers have praised the watch and its features, some reviews are complaining about certain features. For instance, some reviewers find it difficult to sync with Android phones.
4.1 out of 5 stars
- PurePulse continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking to better measure calorie burn all day
- Maximize your workouts using simplified heart rate zones (Fat Burn, Cardio and Peak). Splash proof. Do not shower with the device or submerge it in water
- See call, text & calendar notifications on the OLED display; Automatically track how long and how well you sleep and wake with a silent vibrating alarm. Reminders to move
- Get a better understanding of your fitness level and see how you can improve over time with a personalized Cardio Fitness Score; Use Connected GPS during run mode to see real-time stats like pace and distance on your wrist
- Track all-day activity like steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes;Find moments of calm throughout your day with personalized guided breathing sessions based on your heart rate, Like all heart rate tracking technologies, accuracy is affected by physiology, location of device, and different movements.
The Fitbit Charge 2 comes from a well-known brand of fitness trackers. It can hence prove to be the best fitness tracker for cycling as well. It’s quite a powerful device, with efficient GPS capabilities and a large display for your wrist. You can get all your cycling stats without having to carry and handle a phone.
Users for this wristband are sure to appreciate the splashproof feature, heart rate zones, and notifications for several activities.
4.3 out of 5 stars
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate tracking without an uncomfortable chest strap; get to know your heart rate during workouts and beyond and get a better understanding of your fitness level
- Auto Sleep Tracking: Automatically tracks how long and how well you sleep and wakes you up with a silent vibrating alarm
- Daily Performance Tracking: Know how many steps you walked and calories you really burned and how much time you've been active; use what you learn to reach your goals
- Intelligent Design: With IP68 waterproof rate, you do not have to take off the tracker when washing hands, running in the rain and even swimming; bright color screen displays time and steps when you raise your hand
- Information Push and Caller ID Display: Reminds you of messages and calls with message and caller ID displayed on the tracker screen so that you never miss calls and messages during meetings, doing sports or at work
The LETSCOM Fitness Tracker comes in several options, includes heart rate monitoring, and has a chest strap for better measurements. Besides cycling, it also tracks your sleep hours and the quality of sleep you get every night.
Users of this tracker love the waterproof feature, as they don’t have to take it off while cycling in the rain. Reviews also praise the customizable apps which work fluidly.
4.6 out of 5 stars
- [Fitness watch IP68 Water Resistance] -- The fitness wristband is Ip68 waterproof step tracker. You can wear it freely to washing face, take a bath, swimming don't need to worry about it .
- [Easy to Use Design] -- 0.96 inch IPS display and touch screen, the screen will auto light up and display time when you turn over hand; Strong light protection, color screen display,it can be clearly seen under the strong light or the sun, easy to check time and data; Vertical screen display, 12 hour and 24 hour switch;
- [Multifunction] -- Time, Date and Week Display, Tracks Steps, Distance, Calories burned, Heart Rate Monitor and Weather forecast, Smart Alarm Clock, Sleep Monitoring, Sedentary Reminder, Call Reminder, Message Reminder, Shake Photograph, Find your phone.
- [Ultra Capacity Battery and Easy to Charge] --110mAh lithium polymer, charging two hours, running for one week to two weeks; Standard male USB design, easy to charge with PC or any UL-certified USB wall charger, avoid you can't find charging cable.
- [Compatibility and Warranty] -- Android smart phones with Bluetooth 4.0 and android 4.4 or above system. iOS 8.0 or above system. Do not support windows OS. We think you'll love the Beasyjoy fitness tracker, and if you don't, we'll give you a full refund, or a replacement, if you have any problems, please contact us free time!
The Beasyjoy Fitness Tracker will track your activity with a heart rate monitor, HR step counter, calorie counter, and more. It’s also water resistant, making it safe to wear it in the rain or while taking a bath. The IPS display will also light up automatically when you turn over your hand, which is another nice feature.
Reviewers appreciate the accuracy of the pedometer, along with its vertical display option. On the downside, the battery will drain out quickly if you use the display too much or keep the heart rate monitor on at all times.
4.1 out of 5 stars
This Apple Watch 38mm is one of the many options Apple offers when it comes to the best fitness tracker for cycling. It has several casing and strap color options, so you’ll easily find something to suit your preferences. If you’re an iPhone user, this Apple watch might be the best option for your cycling goals.
So, Which One Is the Best Fitness Tracker for Cycling?
4.0 out of 5.0
4.1 out of 5.0
4.3 out of 5.0
4.6 out of 5.0
4.1 out of 5.0
Of all the cycling fitness trackers discussed above, the LETSCOM Fitness Tracker seems to be the best fitness tracker for cycling if you’re just starting out. It’s available at a reasonable price and is on par with the customizability. Plus, it syncs well just like the high-end models.